I Married My Wife On The Day Of The Eclipse

"Tomorrow my brother* is getting married. I cannot come tomorrow." Sheuli, my cook, informed me on Tuesday. "We finalized it yesterday. I was up until the early hours of the morning, making all the arrangements with the other family, and now it will be good. You must come to the Bou bhat (Bride's Rice) at my house." I asked when the Bou Bhat would be, but that either hadn't been fixed yet, or the answer was obvious, because Sheuli didn't answer that question.
Today Sheuli came in half hour early. "I'm not coming in today. I have to cook at home all day. Today you will come to my house for lunch to eat the Bou Bhat. I will pick you up at 1 pm at your office."
So at lunch Ali and I dressed up in our sari's and went off to eat party food and see the bride and groom.
*I think this might be the brother who I met the first time I went to Sheuli's house. She gave him my cell phone number and every night after that for months I was endlessly entertained by text messages that said things like
WISH U TO BE AN ACTIVE QUALIFIDE, NOBLE, GREAT, BEST, CUTE, NICE SMART & BE MORE SMART INTELIGENT SWEET & ADVENTURSOME.U MAY SHEARING IN UR JOY WITH ME. ONLY
Needless to say I didn't reply.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home