Monday
Yesterday I worked at the office straight through sunset, and left only because it's hard to get transport much after dark. I had planned on continuing to work when I got home, producing lecture recordings into videos, and burning all the course materials onto disks. I was in a foul, foul mood because things were progressing more slowly than I had thought possible, and so much needed to be ready for the last day of class.
When I got home the power was out. My black mood sank a little deeper. How was I going to get everything done? After fuming for a few minutes I sat with my host and chatted for a bit, and then the little boys asked me to play cards, and the baby sat on my lap, and the dad got me a beer, and I fell in love with my host family all over again. By the time the power came on, two hours later, I was in a much better mood.

1 Comments:
beautiful story. Aren't people wonderful? its amazing
Post a Comment
<< Home