Saturday, October 07, 2006

Road Trippin'

Busses are always crowded. As Ramadan stretches on and the Eid holiday comes near the busses are more and more full with people going home for the holidays. They are crammed into the body of the bus, on the top, even hanging out the doors. The roads get busier and busier until the day before Eid when all the traffic creeps at (literally) walking pace from Dhaka all the way to towns 3-4 hours away.
The rural organizations with whom I am doing the AIDS and Reproductive Health workshops are all 3-8 hours out of Dhaka. The car rides are fun since the scenery is beautiful, but I shall soon be graduating from Car escorts to Bus Rides. The whole experience changes as I have to pack lighter and give up my western needs for personal space. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alana! It's me Carolyn! Wow I remember those packed buses like it was yesterday! Ramadan again? Man that was fast. Have you been traveling to Mymensigh? Do u ever see Reba? Well happy travels!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home