Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Little Yellow Spider

There always seems to be more wild life in my apartment when there is no one else staying here. Not only bats, but also tick ticki lizards, and this week, birds.
Sheuli (my cook) has been gone all week, recovering from surgery, thus the kitchen has been underused. Space being at the premium it is here, in one of the world's most crowded cities, so much unused space is likely to be noticed. Washing dishes this morning I found bits of sticks and straw on the floor. Looking up to the spot above the mess, I saw that a pair of birds had chosen the ventilation fan as the ideal sheltered space for a nest. Asiz, my house guard came in and knocked the birds nest down. Shortly there-after the birds were fluttering around my kitchen, looking for their nest. Asiz came back up and constructed a screen to put behind the fan. I hope this will keep out not only the birds, but also the bats that seem to enter my space in spite of my closed windows and paper covered vents.

Next week I get a new roommate. I hope the wildlife take the hint, realize that I'm using my house's space sufficiently, and bug off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home