Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Assorted Boxes of Ordinary Bones

Hartals are Boring. I skip over across the street to work in the office, since my room there has Air Conditioning (since last week!), but I lock the padlocks behind me, so that it looks like no one is there. The office is empty. No Maria to bring tea and snacks at 9, 10:30, and 3:30. No Nurul to run errands, no Nirob or Ashim to joke and sing with, no efficient Apurba to make us get things done. Yawn! The fun part is blasting out "Tender Prey" from my computer speakers as loud as I want without annoying anyone.

Bangladeshi's have a peculiar way of expressing world cup fever. They fly the flags of their team from the roof of their house. Not the Bangladesh team - We didn't quite make it. ;( It's either Brazil, Argentina or Germany. It's odd looking over the rooftops of my neighborhood in South Asian Country and feeling like I must be in Latin America

In other news, my land lord, or someone in his flat was arrested this morning. As I went down the stairs this morning there were 7 police at his door, and one on each landing with huge beating sticks. Hmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home