Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Have A Red Kite, I'll Show You the Sky

On the condition that I support France, French Sara invited me to Italian Paul's house to watch the football game. Sara and I vocally supported the team chanting "Alle le bleu!" the whole way through. But to tell the truth, after 90 minutes of play, followed by 30 minutes of overtime, and a shootout that didn't finish till after 2 am, only a jubilant Paul and a forlorn Sara cared. But the World Cup Final was fun regardless.
-----
I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and rolled over to rest in it a while. Early morning showers and late night thunder storms are my favorite. The rest of the monsoon gives me self-diagnosed case of SADD (Seasonal Affective Depressive Disorder). It's monsoony, you're monsoony, this is monsoony, etc are not exotic complements.
-----
"Do we have time?" I asked Supria. She looked at me blankly. The question was do we want to sit with the woman's community group. She doesn't see what that had to do with time.
-----
Mosquito repellant makes my red toe nail polish go soft. However, dengue has struck the city, thus it again that time of year to use mosquito nets and smell like repellant.
-------
I miss friends around whom I can be comfortably myself. I'm dreading the effort and energy it'll take to get to know new people. Attitude is everything, eh?
Ya'll wanna go out to dinner tonight?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home