I woke up with the power out
Every morning I get to the training room a few minutes early to prepare myself for the day. Up here however, the time is spent chasing out the frogs that have invaded the training room overnight. The electricity shortage is such that we only get 2-3 hours of power per day. The first day, my class was moved to a room close to the generator. In exchange for the clatter of the diesel engine we have fans to keep us cool. Because I am a foreigner and the teacher, PHCP has arranged for my guesthouse to run the generator for me for a few hours in the evening. However, it can not both run a fluorescent light bulb and the fan. I must choose one or the other. I cannot complain, because at least I get a choice. Most people sit in the dark all evening, and then can not sleep because they have no fan.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home