Visions of you on a motorcycle drive by
After devotions this morning me supervisor told everyone to wait for a few minutes. The cook brought in 2 cakes and placed them in front of me. ME!
Kohima announced that it was the third anniversary of my arrival in Bangladesh, and proceeded to thank me and the urban partner with whom I worked exclusively for the first 2 years. She thanked my parents for lending me to them for so long. She thanked everyone for their patience in helping me get along in Bangladesh. After she said all the thank yous it was my turn to speechify, and I said all the same thank yous all over again. It's been an intense 3 years, yet I continue to feel overwhelmingly privileged to work here. I have learned so much and grown in many ways.
In these remaining seven months I have so much to do in working with the adolescent programs of our 5 partners. I love the opportunities and learning that are available with the organization and in Bangladesh. There is always good work that needs doing, and I am in a position to carry out some of it. At the same time I am looking forward to the plans God has for me, even though I feel rather clueless about said plans.
One of the remaining tasks I have is to visit the adolescent programs of each partner. Tomorrow I leave to Birisiri, and I'll spend the next few days motorcycling along the northern Indian-Bangladeshi border visiting adolescents and encouraging them to be active in their communities. I should have some good pictures when I get back.
Kohima announced that it was the third anniversary of my arrival in Bangladesh, and proceeded to thank me and the urban partner with whom I worked exclusively for the first 2 years. She thanked my parents for lending me to them for so long. She thanked everyone for their patience in helping me get along in Bangladesh. After she said all the thank yous it was my turn to speechify, and I said all the same thank yous all over again. It's been an intense 3 years, yet I continue to feel overwhelmingly privileged to work here. I have learned so much and grown in many ways.
In these remaining seven months I have so much to do in working with the adolescent programs of our 5 partners. I love the opportunities and learning that are available with the organization and in Bangladesh. There is always good work that needs doing, and I am in a position to carry out some of it. At the same time I am looking forward to the plans God has for me, even though I feel rather clueless about said plans.
One of the remaining tasks I have is to visit the adolescent programs of each partner. Tomorrow I leave to Birisiri, and I'll spend the next few days motorcycling along the northern Indian-Bangladeshi border visiting adolescents and encouraging them to be active in their communities. I should have some good pictures when I get back.

2 Comments:
three years! alana you are so my hero for being in dhaka for 3 years, always staying positive, and always keepin it real in mohammedpur. so proud of you.
Love the post! Very beautiful, pictures and poem. Looking forward to getting together once Jake & I get to Bdesh! Should be a blast!
Post a Comment
<< Home