Sooner or Later One of Us Must Know
The uncertainty is the worst part.
Tomorrow the opposition may decide the Care taker Government is not neutral enough, or hasn't done enough to ensure that free and fair elections will take place. They will take to the streets in violent demonstrations to bring down the system. The people in power will meet them on the streets and have been stockpiling wooden sticks all week in anticipation of this scenario. The city will be in lockdown for a few days, or a week, or indefinitely.
Alternatively, there is a chance the opposition decides the current system is working, at least well enough to give it a chance. Tomorrow they will continue working with they government to ensure free and fair elections. In this case I will go up north on Monday to conduct the workshop on HIV & AIDS that was postponed last week due to a scheduling conflict.
When I ask the people who should know what will happen, they say, "It might go well, it might not." Thanks. So I plan for the best and prepare for the worst. For now I have moved myself to a friend's house in the diplomatic zone. Hopefully I'll go back home tomorrow, but probably I'll be here all week.
Tomorrow the opposition may decide the Care taker Government is not neutral enough, or hasn't done enough to ensure that free and fair elections will take place. They will take to the streets in violent demonstrations to bring down the system. The people in power will meet them on the streets and have been stockpiling wooden sticks all week in anticipation of this scenario. The city will be in lockdown for a few days, or a week, or indefinitely.
Alternatively, there is a chance the opposition decides the current system is working, at least well enough to give it a chance. Tomorrow they will continue working with they government to ensure free and fair elections. In this case I will go up north on Monday to conduct the workshop on HIV & AIDS that was postponed last week due to a scheduling conflict.
When I ask the people who should know what will happen, they say, "It might go well, it might not." Thanks. So I plan for the best and prepare for the worst. For now I have moved myself to a friend's house in the diplomatic zone. Hopefully I'll go back home tomorrow, but probably I'll be here all week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home