Radion spelar vår sång
Charlene is in love with all things Swedish. Why? I don't know, but she is.
Charlene's Swedish friends decided to have a mustache party, and Charlene offered her enormous apartment for our play area, (as her last house party before she heads off to China *sob*) on the condition that only Swedish music was played. So we dusted off our mustaches and collections of Lisa Ekdahl and Kent and went off to the Swedish mustache party.
The Mustache Creations were entertaining. Complaining that there was insufficient warning to grow an appropriate mustache, several guys tried taping hair to their upper lip. Other ideas included hanging an angel from the nose piece of glasses, clipping various objects to lips, and the classic eye-liner mustache. Bri and I pulled out a Canadian trick.
We arrived at Charlene's to find that most people had imported lush mustaches from Sweden. Darn those Swedes!
------
This week I'm going up-country to facilitate 2 workshops on HIV&AIDS and Reproductive Health. In the evenings I'll be studying math by candlelight, cramming to take the GRE when I come back in the last week of November. So, if you don't hear from me but hear about more politically motivated violence, know that I'm well taken care of - out of town.
Charlene's Swedish friends decided to have a mustache party, and Charlene offered her enormous apartment for our play area, (as her last house party before she heads off to China *sob*) on the condition that only Swedish music was played. So we dusted off our mustaches and collections of Lisa Ekdahl and Kent and went off to the Swedish mustache party.
The Mustache Creations were entertaining. Complaining that there was insufficient warning to grow an appropriate mustache, several guys tried taping hair to their upper lip. Other ideas included hanging an angel from the nose piece of glasses, clipping various objects to lips, and the classic eye-liner mustache. Bri and I pulled out a Canadian trick.
We arrived at Charlene's to find that most people had imported lush mustaches from Sweden. Darn those Swedes! ------
This week I'm going up-country to facilitate 2 workshops on HIV&AIDS and Reproductive Health. In the evenings I'll be studying math by candlelight, cramming to take the GRE when I come back in the last week of November. So, if you don't hear from me but hear about more politically motivated violence, know that I'm well taken care of - out of town.

4 Comments:
It was really strange reading the headline, I expected something in English not in Swedish. Was I reading the wrong blog? I can assure you that most Swedes do not wear a lush mustache, at least not on a regular basis.
Kristofer (and Katarina)
It's MOVEMBER! Moustache month! We wrote about this in _The Walrus_. You should all read it. All the time.
Bring back Bob (titles)! Or do you have translated Swedish albums?
alana! i finally found your infamous blog! (ashort sent me an email with the links ;) I didn't know i made it into your blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home