Cold Day in the Sun
Fall is falling. At 80F/18C you might not recognise this as fall, but 80F is time to take out the mosquito nets, wear jeans under my kameez, and turn off the fans. The mornings are chilly (as long as I don't move too vigorously),and the humidity is down to a reasonable 70% necessitating the use of hand lotion, for the first time in 9 months! There is an ethereal mist that floats over the neighbourhood most days, while the kids set up their badminton nets in the park (badminton being THE preferred winter sport).
Above all, my housekeeper is the most obvious sign its fall. She won't serve cold water at lunch - "It's fall, you'll get sick if you drink cold water." "You should eat soup, it's cold outside" "Don't forget to dress warmly, it's fall!"
Above all, my housekeeper is the most obvious sign its fall. She won't serve cold water at lunch - "It's fall, you'll get sick if you drink cold water." "You should eat soup, it's cold outside" "Don't forget to dress warmly, it's fall!"

4 Comments:
Let me "enlighten" you what fall is, since you've obviously forgotten. No leaves on the trees, wool socks, wool coats, wool sweaters, beanies, and wool gloves. The temperature isn't 80F...thats summer, its more like 38F. There is a constant threat of snow, but starbucks has their pumpkin spice latte always available. :p Your sis
80 degrees is not 18C. For a whiz kid who went to Pepperdine University, I am surprised that you would make such a mistake.
Ha! You're hillarious. I'm sorry you're having such trying times with all that fall-like weather.:)
How are you? When are you coming back? I miss you!!!!!!!
yeah Dad, I messed up 80 is about 28C?
Post a Comment
<< Home