Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Death Cabs for Cuties



Most kids around here go to and from school in a van like this one. Parents feel this is safe. No one will harass their kids, and no one can get lost or stolen on the way. Up to ten kids fit in one and the puller drops them off at their door step. So Convenient!
I shiver every time I see one. For all their bright colors they are kid cages. As the lorry truck flies past it on the street, my minds eye sees it clipping the edge of the school van. The crumpling of metal, the tightly packed children...
Sure enough, last week the newspaper had a story about a bus hitting a school van. 8 kids were injured and the driver was killed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina & Jake said...

Yeah, I know those. We've got a picture at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/b0kaj/392066421/

It really is scary. But also strange irony that the children were actually not killed in the accident you refer to, and only the driver outside the safe bundle of metal...

*shiver*

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home