Friday, January 19, 2007

You Can Play With Fire But You'll Get the Bill

Bri went home to Edmonton a few days before I went up country. Now days the apartment seems to rattle a little. Part of that is the fact that they are tearing down the walls of the apartment two floors below mine with sledge hammers, but mostly it's because once again I am by myself in my apartment.

If I need to talk about the situations I find myself, my workshops, my adventures, I have to pick up the phone and call across town. If I need to not dwell on myself and my workshops, my adventures, I have to go out and make an effort. Here is where it would be appropriate to insert some Donald Miller or Ann Lamont quote about living in community and how it's good for us. But alas, Bri and her whole collection of books are gone. Suffice to say I like having people to live with.

And missing Bri makes me miss Ali, and all those who have gone on before...

2 Comments:

Blogger bri said...

aw, I could hunt down a good Miller or Lamott community quote for you...well not at the moment because I'min class, but I miss you too despite the fact that I came home to 4 roommates, its very different than the living just with me and you.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should check this more often...

I miss you Alana! Have you gotten my Bethany-sent package yet?

Just back from skating,

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home