Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Turning Mind A Radar Signal


I did a workshop with the 30 most highly placed staff of the partners in Bangladesh and India on the importance of teaching adolescents life-skills (like problem solving and communication) as well as information they usually teach like what food is nutritious. Part of what I'm here for it to teach life-skills, but we have to make them want what I teach, before I go imposing my ideas that "kids need lifeskills." The workshop went well, so now there is demand from the partners for what I'm here to do, and for the next year I will help them with that.
The bad news is that one of the Canadian board members was observing my workshop and participated too enthusiastically. During one of the games he fell and smacked his elbow on the tile floor. It was bleeding all over the place and we had to call in the doctor who works for us in Dhaka to stitch him up. 3 stitches right on the elbow. Oops! Especially since my direct supervisor had told me it was too dangerous to play in the room and go outside to the field, and I had disregarded her advice. The board member was good natured about it and didn't hold it against me. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home