Sleeping is giving in
It is the 3rd day of the training. I am so tired of working in Bangla, my mind can hardly form a coherent sentence. I find myself making silly mistakes, like spelling errors that change Bangladesh from having "the Busiest sex workers in Asia" to "the Best sex workers in Asia." Woops! Fortunately for me the participants are good natured about it. For the most part they are Maundi's, a native tribal people group that lives in the hills that border India (as opposed to the Bengali's that historically invaded from the west.) The culture here is warmer and more familiar than in the plains to the south where I live. In spite of my relatively few visits I am friendly with many of the staff, and have a Maundi Aunt who I must visit who has invited me for Christmas.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home