As we came along this road
I've always considered my self a city girl. I love the lights, the noise, the people, the excitement and the sense of something happening of big cities. Seattle, LA, Dhaka, they all have that irresistible buzz.
It makes me MAD when people say that "Dhaka isn't really Bangladesh." If Dhaka isn't Bangladesh, then what is it? I love Dhaka, most of the time, and I feel insulted when every body whines about it.
Last week I went up country to visit some adolescent groups on the northern border. For three days I rode on the back of a motorbike through the rice paddies, over little bamboo bridges and along side the Indian hills. It was breath taking. I loved the fresh air, the golden fields of the rice harvest and the hospitality of everyone I met. I understand now what people mean when they say unflattering things about Dhaka, though I don't necessarily agree.
The previous posting of the National Anthem captures my enthusiasm rather well, I hope. There are photo's on flickr...just click the picture collection on the right.
It makes me MAD when people say that "Dhaka isn't really Bangladesh." If Dhaka isn't Bangladesh, then what is it? I love Dhaka, most of the time, and I feel insulted when every body whines about it.
Last week I went up country to visit some adolescent groups on the northern border. For three days I rode on the back of a motorbike through the rice paddies, over little bamboo bridges and along side the Indian hills. It was breath taking. I loved the fresh air, the golden fields of the rice harvest and the hospitality of everyone I met. I understand now what people mean when they say unflattering things about Dhaka, though I don't necessarily agree.
The previous posting of the National Anthem captures my enthusiasm rather well, I hope. There are photo's on flickr...just click the picture collection on the right.

2 Comments:
I think that's one of the things i love about you best. If there ever was a kid who would make the very best lemonade when given a bag of lemons, that's you. Your good hearted contagious happy spirit is what makes you such a beautiful person and so very successful in what you do
no new posts since December 21?!!! You're killin' me!
Post a Comment
<< Home