Black- you are my enemy

"Oh ma, can I take your picture?" The old lady nodded her approval, covered her head and crouched very still. The sun was bright and it took me a few tries to get my camera set right before I was satisfied with the result.
In the space of those few minutes the miramish (vegetables) she was cooking burned.
Even now I feel so bad. People in this area only get 2 scant meals a day. Her husband will likely as not beat her for the scorched food. Should I have offered to pay for it? Would that insult her dignity?
Sorry lady!

1 Comments:
Ahh, that story just sucks! Poor old lady... let's find something to distract from the horrible images replaying in my mind from imagining the scene.... ah, a pickle? Next to me... and coffee? I'm gonna eat the pickle and drink the coffee and wander into an imaginary landscape of happiness and unicorns.
Post a Comment
<< Home