Friday, October 13, 2006

To the heart of the sun


We are done! An elated staff performed well during the practice teaching, and were impressed with themselves for being able to answer even the hardest questions the university students could ask them. They feel equipped to go to the distant villages they work in and teach about AIDS.
Tonight, after dinner, we had a cultural evening of singing, jokes and poetry. Everyone had something to offer and we passed a relaxing evening enjoying each others talents.

I will spend the next year helping PHCP encourage people to change their behaviors. Targeting teenagers and other vulnerable populations, we will build personal skills, community support and health services that will keep HIV & AIDS out of Bangladesh. I am excited for the visits I will make to their villages in December. By then they will have begun implementing what they learned in this training and I can see what it looks like and what changes are needed.
Before then however, I will give this 5 day workshop to 2 other partners, develop a monitoring system for the adolescent program of 4 organizations, and visit some community groups in the Dhaka slums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home