Thursday, December 28, 2006

A few of my favorite things

Most of the wonderful things in my house are given to me by wonderful people, since most of the wonderful thing stores are on the other side of the world. So everyday I go through my routines with smiles and thanks for the people who love me.
For instance, in the morning I get up and grind the coffee Mom brought me in the coffee grinder Jeremy sent me. At least half the time I think, "Thanks Jeremy."
I have special soap and candles from Mom, music from Josh, and communal effort jam. "Thanks Cristina."
Last night I had a spaghetti dinner, snacking on the olives Charlene gave me when she left and the cheese Colin brought. Then I broke out the bottle of berry wine from Dads cellar. It was delicious. "Thanks Dad." We finished up with chocolate from Elisa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that way about so many things I own. WHenever I wear a set of pearls I think, Thanks Alana. It was really cool when I seen a friend wear black pearls I gave her. I thought "I gave her those." OUr Christmas tree is full of those kinds of things. I have several Bangladeshi ornaments you sent the first year. My friend said she put out the Bangladeshi Christmas card I gave her.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home