Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Take In a Love and Pass on a Feeling

Jakob and Christina got engaged over Christmas. Jakob is a Swedish guy I got to know over Spring 2005. His parents live here, and he got a short-lived job in Dhaka, so he could play tennis at their club. It was a season when our Bible study had dinner, movies and other events several times a week, so I seen a lot of Jake. He introduced me to indie music, then he left for Germany
Christina was here for a whole year with MCC, but we didn't start hanging out until the end of the spring. By the end of the summer we met every day for lunch, spent the night at least once a week, and did excursions together on weekend. At the end of the summer she went back home to America.
There was a period of about a month, maybe less, when Jakob and Christina both attended the Bible study. Maybe about 2-3 events. Long enough for the exchange of phone numbers, which lead to emails, trips across the Atlantic, and now rings!


I'm going up-country for a workshop for the rest of the week. Because of the frequent political-based strikes (elections are supposed to be January 22) I'm not sure when the roads will be open again to let me back into the city.

4 Comments:

Blogger bri said...

have fun upcountry...no matter how cold it is, its warmer than what I came back to! I'll post pictures later maybe.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Christina & Jake said...

Alana is this Canadian-American girl that we met in Dhaka. Jake through DICC and I through MCC connections. She is "totally" special and sometimes has a very "energetic" demeanor. She hates when people express themselves in spas when they are having a Brazilian....

10:14 PM  
Blogger Alana said...

Annabel- that (the brazilian) is the punchline in the spa story I was telling you but never finished

6:13 AM  
Blogger bri said...

no posts since the 10th? You're killin me!

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home