I screen my phone calls
Test Message from my Cell phone provider:
Dear Subscriber, a rumor is being spread that receiving calls from certain numbers causes mobiles to explode. We would like to reassure you, this is just a rumor.
This rumor, in a variety of forms, gripped the city on Wednesday. Our computer person told me "There is a virus going round, it disables your phone if you get a call from a number with * or / in it." The taxi driver said "People have a fever after getting a call from a strange number." The office manager related "Someone in Lalbag got a call from an 'unknown' number and died."
I love Bangladesh.
Dear Subscriber, a rumor is being spread that receiving calls from certain numbers causes mobiles to explode. We would like to reassure you, this is just a rumor.
This rumor, in a variety of forms, gripped the city on Wednesday. Our computer person told me "There is a virus going round, it disables your phone if you get a call from a number with * or / in it." The taxi driver said "People have a fever after getting a call from a strange number." The office manager related "Someone in Lalbag got a call from an 'unknown' number and died."
I love Bangladesh.

2 Comments:
this is probably the most random funny thing I've read all week. I can see it happening
If only Hollywood got a hold of this tidbit of information. A crew would immediately fly to Bangladesh and start shooting "Mobile", followed by "Mobile 2" next year. I can see the film playing in my head just perfectly... it's quite a gruesome flick.
Post a Comment
<< Home