For the Price of a Cup of Tea
I'm spending the next few weeks traveling in India observing communities living with HIV and AIDS and visiting programs that support them. Particularly seeing what the role of the church can be, should be and could be.
I began my journey today by flying to Kolkata where I was to meet the other members of the Bangladesh-India team who are all here for various reasons. However, when my colleague came a few days ago her luggage got sent to London instead of getting off the plane in India with her, so the rest of the team is staying in a different hotel closer to the airport (all the better to reclaim the luggage on the late flight) and I am enjoying Kolkata on my own.
And how better to enjoy Kolkata than a cup of tea and a lemon tart at Flurrys? Mmmm.
Flurrys makes me nostalgic for earlier trips, trips with better company than "The Economist" magazine. This photo is dedicated to Jeremy and Ananbel, my traveling companions of yore.

I began my journey today by flying to Kolkata where I was to meet the other members of the Bangladesh-India team who are all here for various reasons. However, when my colleague came a few days ago her luggage got sent to London instead of getting off the plane in India with her, so the rest of the team is staying in a different hotel closer to the airport (all the better to reclaim the luggage on the late flight) and I am enjoying Kolkata on my own.
And how better to enjoy Kolkata than a cup of tea and a lemon tart at Flurrys? Mmmm.Flurrys makes me nostalgic for earlier trips, trips with better company than "The Economist" magazine. This photo is dedicated to Jeremy and Ananbel, my traveling companions of yore.


4 Comments:
hi alana, i might be travelling to pune and delhi around july. will you still in be dhaka? if you are there, will it be a good time to visit? i don't want to bug you though if you're busy packing and saying goodbyes! let me know! take care, sharon
kia kaha, sister (stay strong)
oops, i forgot to comment on the tart...wish i could have a bite...yumBO
It kinda reminds me of the tea house you and I went to...except this is a lot fancier -your sis
Post a Comment
<< Home